Standing Committees will meet a minimum of once a year and as frequently as required. Meetings will be held via tele-conference call unless specific face-to-face meeting arrangements are made. The Chair of each Standing Committee will be a member of the CPCSSN Committee and will be expected to report to the Board the activities and deliberations of their Standing Committee. Standing Committees must make recommendations to the CPCSSN Committee on all areas of decision-making. Each committee will be expected to conduct its work in keeping with the vision and mission of the CPCSSN and may find it necessary to meet jointly with other Standing Committees on occasion to discuss areas of overlap or mutual concern/interest.
Meetings / Procedures:
- The Chair plus 4 members constitute quorum
- Meetings will be held a minimum of once per year at the call of the chair
- Special guests can be invited, by the Chair, to any Standing Committee meeting on an as needed basis for the purpose of expert advice or information sharing
- Minutes will be kept by a recording secretary and circulated to all committee members (a recording secretary will be designated/contracted by each Committee)
- The Chair shall provide a short written brief to the CPCSSN Committee at each CPCSSN Committee meeting on the actions and deliberations of the Standing Committee with recommendations for discussion as necessary
- Self-assessments of the effectiveness of the Standing Committee against its mandate will be carried out every two years and the Committee Chair will report to the CPCSSN Committee recommendation for change in mandate and/or membership.